Allan joined Lowndes as a partner in July 2012, bringing over 30 years’ experience to the firm. He established his career at Russell McVeagh, then moved to Chapman Tripp where he worked as a partner for 16 years, serving on all major committees including the firm’s National Board. From 2005 to 2012 he worked as a partner at Minter Ellison Rudd Watts.
Allan specialises in corporate, commercial and securities law. He has extensive experience in Mergers & Acquisitions deals, including advising on NZX Listing Rules and the Takeovers Code. He regularly advises on joint ventures and other commercial contracts as well as on offers of securities, advising both issuers and trustees.
- LLB BCom
- Acted for General Capital Limited on its reverse listing in 2017
- Acted for Anglesea Clinic & Accident and Medical Limited on a proposed sale of its business in 2017
- Acted for Aotearoa Credit Union in relation to its Product Disclosure Statement in 2017
- Acted for Saturn Portfolio Management Limited in relation to disputes with GB Pensions and Kingshield Investments Limited in 2017
- Acted for Canon New Zealand Limited on sales of local businesses in 2016
- Acted for Evolve Education Group Limited on its long term incentive scheme for senior executives in 2016
- Acted for Suacero SA Ole CV on a purchase from Fletcher Steel Limited in 2016
- Acted for NZAX listed Chow Group Limited on its reverse listing in 2015
- Prejudiced Shareholders, New Zealand Law Journal, Allan McRae, Jul 2017
- Quoted in Capital Investment and Raising, The National Business Review Special Report, Jul 31, 2015 (http://www.nbr.co.nz/sites/default/files/featurecapitalinvestment_0.pdf)
- Contracts Subject to Approval, New Zealand Law Journal, Allan McRae, Jul 2014 (Referred to in Burrows, Finn and Todd: Law of Contract in New Zealand, 5th Edition, pp. 274 at notes 73 and 74.)