Allan joined Lowndes as a partner in July 2012, bringing over 30 years’ experience to the firm. He established his career at Russell McVeagh, then moved to Chapman Tripp where he worked as a partner for 16 years, serving on all major committees including the firm’s National Board. From 2005 to 2012 he worked as a partner at Minter Ellison Rudd Watts.
Allan specialises in corporate, commercial and securities law. He has extensive experience in Mergers & Acquisitions deals, including advising on NZX Listing Rules and the Takeovers Code. He regularly advises on joint ventures and other commercial contracts as well as on offers of securities, advising both issuers and trustees.
- LLB BCom
- Acted for NZAX listed Chow Group Limited on its reverse listing transaction in 2015
- Acted for NZAX listed Australasian Food Corporation Limited on its purchases of National Dairy Group Limited and Longview Estate in 2015
- Acted for Vetilot Limited on its share placement to NZ Silveray Group Limited and associated warrant issue in 2015
- Acted for NZAX listed Mykris Limited on its privatisation in 2015
- Acted for NZPM Group Limited on the issue of its rollover prospectus in 2015
- Acted for Tembusu Growth Fund III on its US$10 investment into Cric HQ in 2015
- Acted for a bidder for Holcim New Zealand’s lime business in 2014
- Quoted in Capital Investment and Raising, The National Business Review Special Report, Jul 31, 2015 (http://www.nbr.co.nz/sites/default/files/featurecapitalinvestment_0.pdf)
- Contracts Subject to Approval, New Zealand Law Journal, Allan McRae, Jul 2014 (Referred to in Burrows, Finn and Todd: Law of Contract in New Zealand, 5th Edition, pp. 274 at notes 73 and 74.)
- Valuations of Unlisted Shares – is there a difference between Fair Market Value and Fair Value? NZ Lawyer, Allan McRae and Jai Basrur, 15 Nov 2011