Grania is a Principal in our Property, Real Estate and Construction team.
She has extensive experience advising commercial property clients and public bodies on subdivisions, land development, commercial and residential property transactions, commercial leasing, PWA acquisitions and infrastructure agreements.
Grania’s experience includes giving advice under the Public Works Act, Building Act, Overseas Investment Act, Unit Titles Act and the Resource Management Act.
Grania has ten years’ experience providing clearly articulated pragmatic advice, and legal opinions on complex and ambiguous areas of law. Her clients say that she is a driven and results oriented legal professional with a client focused approach to her practice.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Acting on the acquisition of land for mixed use developments, including proposed industrial, commercial and residential sites.
- Providing due diligence advice on large development agreements for residential subdivisions and related infrastructure cost sharing agreements for utilities interests.
- Preparing compliance documentation for a complex large commercial subdivision and completing the registration of the mechanisms to control the supply of private utilities, parking, and access and fire protection requirements.
- Acting on large residential and commercial subdivisions of green field developments and the registration of Unit Title redevelopments, boundary adjustments and cross lease to fee simple conversion.
- Delivering detailed lease reviews on the leasing arrangements of an international company throughout New Zealand as part of due diligence enquiries.
- Acting on the sale of a large commercial shopping area subject to multiple tenancies and updating all lease arrangements prior to sale.
- Acting for clients on their financing arrangements involving complex interrelated company and trust structures.
- Acting for private and Local Government clients to negotiate, prepare and implement agreements under section 17 of the Public Works Act 1981.
- Resolving encroachment issues on Local Government reserves, and breaches of resource consents, by drafting licences to occupy, conservation covenants, and related encumbrance documentation.