Greg is an experienced, pragmatic lawyer with more than 15 years’ experience advising on a range of corporate and commercial law matters.
Through his experience as an in-house lawyer, Greg has gained a deep understanding of how his clients operate, the challenges they face and the support they need from legal advisers.
Greg joined Lowndes on his return to Auckland after eight years in London, where he worked at King & Wood Mallesons, a leading international law firm, and as in-house counsel at GlaxoSmithKline.
Greg started his career at the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand and was an advisor to the New Zealand government on intellectual property, as well as business law and policy, before moving into private practice at leading New Zealand law firms.
Greg has a particular interest in matters involving IT, along with the protection and commercialisation of intellectual property.
- Solicitor of the High Court of England and Wales (admitted 2009)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand (admitted 2000)
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Law (LL.B Hons) – University of Otago
- AJ Park Award for Top Intellectual Property Law Student – University of Otago (2007)
- Advised GSK on the sale to Novartis of GSK’s rights to ofatumumab for autoimmune indications for consideration totalling up to US$1.034 billion (including contingent milestones)
- Advised GSK on the termination of its research collaboration with Shionogi for the development of novel cephlasporin antibiotics and cross-licensing to enable each party to continue development and commercialisation of candidates identified in the collaboration
- Advised GSK on and acted as member of the medicines commercialisation team for the launch of GSK’s first non-inhaled respiratory product, Nucala, the first anti-IL-5 treatment for patients with severe refractory eosinophilic asthma
- Drafted and negotiated the consortium agreement for the 22 party REMEDIES Consortium headed by GSK and the University of Cambridge’s Institute for Manufacturing aimed at transforming commercial and clinical pharmaceutical supply chains in the UK
- Advised on and acted as member of the team responsible for implementing and coordinating GSK’s compliance with the EFPIA Transparency Code, a complicated compliance and IT project impacting multiple business divisions within GSK and involving complex data protection issues in 33 European markets
- Advised on leading respiratory clinical trials for GSK, including the 16,000 patient global SUMMIT COPD cardiovascular survival study and the innovative real world Salford Lung Studies
- Mergers & Acquisitions Update: Emerging Trends, NZ’s M&A Outlook and Opportunities | Valuable Advice from Business Intelligence Series Workshop 2
- New Strategies for Communicating, Client Relationships, Marketing & Sales for the 2020s | Valuable Advice from Business Intelligence Series Workshop 1
- Fairfax and Sky TV battle over fair use of Olympic footage
- Valuable Advice from Workshop 2 | Cyber Security - Safe-guarding Your Business In A Hostile Connected World
- Lowndes strengthens team to take on new challenges
- Microsoft ploy avoids 'cloud' data grab
- Lowndes welcomes Greg France to our Corporate / Commercial team