Jacque has a reputation for robust, focused, dynamic and effective advocacy and legal representation. She specialises in commercial and civil litigation with a focus on insolvency and restructuring, and also has experience in regulatory and serious fraud cases. She regularly represents high-profile individuals and commercial organisations with complex, contentious and often unique legal problems.
Jacque has an excellent track record in trial and appellate advocacy, and regularly represents clients across a wide range of contentious litigation, principally in the High Court alongside cases in the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. She began practice in 2004 in criminal law, first as a Prosecutor and then as a Defence Lawyer for the Public Defence Service. In 2008, Jacque moved to Auckland firm Grove Darlow & Partners as a commercial litigation solicitor where she was made the firm’s first female Partner in 2012.
Jacque holds various board positions and trusteeships throughout New Zealand. These include roles as Chairperson of the Board of Auckland Community Law Centre, Trustee and Deputy Chairperson of Inspiring Stories Trust. Jacque was also a member of the board for the Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association of New Zealand in 2016.
Jacque has close ties to the New Zealand Law Society, having served on the Auckland Standards Committee for a number of years and spent six years as a counsel member of Auckland District Law Society Incorporated. She is actively involved in promoting and encouraging diversity in the law profession and insolvency area and is a founding member of the Women in Restructuring and Insolvency interest group.
- 2010 LLM Hons (Commercial Law) – Auckland University
- 2003 LLB – Victoria University of Wellington
- 2001 BA – History/Political Science – Victoria University of Wellington
- Board Member – RITANZ
- Chairperson and Trustee – Auckland Community Law Centre
- Deputy Chair and Trustee – Inspiring Stories Trust
- Adjunct Lecturer – College of Law
- Member, New Zealand Law Society
- Member, RITANZ
- Member, Auckland District Law Society Inc
- Founding Member, Women in Restructuring and Insolvency