Jennifer has broad experience within the finance sector, particularly in insolvency and restructuring. She has been centrally involved with many of the largest and most complex corporate collapses in recent times.
Jennifer has over 12 years’ experience with leading firms in New Zealand and the United Kingdom. She has significant experience in executing business and asset sales across a range of industry sectors, particularly in distressed situations.
Jennifer also has experience in various aspects of contentious insolvency.
Since 2013, she has been recognised as an ‘Associate to Watch’ by Chambers and Partners.
- LLB (Hons)
- Member of RITANZ
- Acted for the receivers of various finance companies including South Canterbury Finance Limited, Bridgecorp and Belgrave Finance Limited
- Acted for the receivers of various manufacturing and retail businesses in the context of insolvent business sales
Jennifer Tunna is a ‘strong senior associate’ who is well regarded by peers and is recognised for her experience advising financial organisations on high-profile corporate restructurings.
Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific Guide in 2016
- First ranked in Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific Guide in 2014
- Proposal to establish a new Ponzi scheme-specific arm of New Zealand’s statutory insolvency regime
- Valuable Advice from Workshop 5 | Growth Companies: Capturing the Synergies between Entrepreneurs and Smart Capital
- Valuable Advice from Workshop 4 | What Would a Property Market Correction Mean for Business and the Wider Economy?
- Lowndes strengthens team to take on new challenges
- Staying ahead of industry trends at RITANZ conference
- Lowndes' expertise recognised third year running
- Lowndes welcomes Jennifer Tunna to our Banking & Finance team
- Note: Regulation of New Zealand’s non-bank deposit takers: The new regime unfolds, Jennifer Tunna, Journals Talk, Sept 28, 2010 (http://sites.thomsonreuters.com.au/journals/2010/09/28/note-regulation-of-new-zealand%E2%80%99s-non-bank-deposit-takers-the-new-regime-unfolds/)