Kathryn is a specialist property lawyer with over 13 years’ experience with other leading commercial law firms in Melbourne and Auckland.
Kathryn advises on a wide range of property related matters including acquisitions and disposals, property development, commercial, industrial and retail leasing, due diligence appraisals and franchising.
She has acted for clients such as developers, major banks, councils, educational institutions, landlords, tenants and international franchisors.
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Membership Property Council New Zealand
- Membership Women in Property
- Membership Property Law Section of the New Zealand Law Society
- Acted for national clients such as Bridgestone in relation to its leasing portfolio, Tonkin and Taylor (national environmental and engineering consultancy) in relation to negotiating agreements to lease (including complex fit-out provisions) and leases for new premises in multiple cities
- Acted for Coles Property Group in its supermarket, K-Mart, Target and Liquorland leasing portfolio in relation to leases in major shopping centres and stand-alone stores
- Acted for major high profile clients CBA (nationally), ANZ (nationally) CGU (nationally) and Westpac (in Victoria) in their complex non-standard branch and ATM leasing portfolios including advice work
- Acting for the Butterworth Group on commercial leasing and property acquisition
- Worked closely with Places Victoria in transforming 220 hectares of Melbourne’s under-utilised industrial and port district into one of Australia’s largest and most exciting waterfront developments, valued at $9 billion. This included preparing, negotiating and settling documents such as stage development agreements, land sale contracts and restrictive planning covenants.
- Acted for Australand in purchasing the first shopping centre assets for its retail trust, including due diligence, negotiating and settling the contracts of sale
- Advised on the property aspects of Specsavers’ entrance to the Australian market and on its subsequent roll-out of Specsavers branded outlets. This included conducting property due diligence on the companies being acquired, advising on the optimal structure for the acquisition from a property perspective, negotiating the assignments of leases and new leases, including standard leases with major landlords.
- Advising Boost Juice in relation to the property aspects of its share acquisition of a major competitor. This included conducting a due diligence on the competitor, negotiating the property aspects of the share purchase agreement, negotiating deemed and actual assignments with over 20 landlords and completing the acquisition.
- Assisting in Lion Nathan’s disposal of its pub ownership and management business in Victoria, involving over 40 pubs. This involved completing vendor due diligence on the existing portfolio, preparing beer rights agreements, negotiating variations to existing leases and sub-leases and completing the sale.
- Acting for Trust for Nature Victoria in relation to their conservation covenants and various property related matters and acting for the QEII Trust in relation to open space covenants.
‘Many thanks for this and for all your work – much appreciated. You have been a pleasure to deal with.
‘Just wanted to send you a quick note to tell you how much Mike and I enjoy working with you. Totally professional (with a smile) and just a pleasure to deal with.’
Portal Asset Management
‘Once again, thanks so much for all your incredible help!!! You and the team at Lowndes have made this process stress-free for us and we have really appreciated your professionalism and looking out for our best interest.’
G. and F. Wong