Kerri has extensive corporate and commercial law experience gained in New Zealand and internationally, and has a successful practice in New Zealand’s corporate and M&A space.
Kerri joined Lowndes in 2011 and became a Principal in 2013. Kerri was appointed as director in 2018 in recognition of her talent, accomplishments, and dedication to clients and the firm. Her skills have also been externally recognised, by Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2018) as ‘Next Generation Lawyer’ and as an ‘Associate to Watch’ by Chambers Global (2014).
Kerri’s practice is focused on transactional M&A matters, negotiating significant commercial contracts, and business structuring and joint venture advisory work. Kerri regularly advises on constitutional and governance issues, corporate refinancing, securities legislation, regulatory compliance, consumer law, and non-contentious employment matters. She also has experience in telecommunications and technology law, advising on procurement, outsourcing, licensing, compliance, internet related issues and energy projects.
Kerri works with clients across a range of industries, from start-ups to SMEs to leading corporates, private companies, listed companies, private equity funds, financial institutions and professional services firms. Her broad corporate and commercial experience, including valuable perspective gained working within various commercial organisations as in-house counsel, means she is an effective advisor to business and has been involved in or led many projects for the firm’s extensive client base. A proactive, effective professional, Kerri is often commended by clients for her responsiveness and project contributions.
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) / Bachelor of Commerce (Economics)
- Registered with the New Zealand Law Society
- Member of NZVCA / New Zealand Private Equity & Venture Capital Association
- Member of Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association
- Member of TRI NZ
Since joining Lowndes in 2011 Kerri has had a leading role in a significant number of large transactions which the firm has advised on, from both the buy and sell side. She has also worked on corporate refinancing matters along with a range of day-to-day corporate advisory and commercial work.
Example transactions include:
- The sale of recruitment agency Madison by NZX-listed AWF Group
- The sale of Fusion Electronics and its subsidiaries (located in four countries) to Garmin
- Rothbury Group acquiring interest in Lifetime Group to create one of the strongest financial service businesses in New Zealand
- Rothbury Group becoming the founding New Zealand member of Australian insurance broking network Steadfast, making it the largest such network in Australasia
- The sale of all of the assets and business of a medical centre to private equity interests following an extended settlement period
- The cross-border acquisition by ANL, a subsidiary of CMG-CGM, of a regional NZ shipping line
- Advising the major shareholder of CS Company (NZ’s largest independent importer and distributor of fragrances, cosmetics and toiletries) on the acquisition of CS Company by listed company Trilogy
- The cross-border acquisition by listed Israeli fruit ingredients firm Frutarom of New Zealand-based fruit ingredients group, Taura Natural Ingredients
- The refinancing of significant vendor finance provided by Huawei to 2degrees
- Transitioning various clients to the new securities law regime under the Financial Markets Conduct Act
- The subscription by Singapore-based private equity firm Tembusu Partners of US dollar secured convertible notes in CricHQ, a cricket digital platform
- The private equity investment, alongside executive management, in a significant health information technology company
- The sale of a biodiesel manufacturing business and the transfer of worldwide patent and other intellectual property assets
- Establishment of a New Zealand start-up for investment (through US start-up) to commercialise emerging battery technology and the monetization of related IP licensing streams, including fundraising and securities law advice
- The sale by a managed investment scheme of a portfolio of 17 supermarket properties throughout New Zealand
- Acting for multiple professional firms (accounting and legal) in connection with constitutional arrangements, internal structuring, and exit arrangements
- Acting for clients in various industries on NZ establishment and shareholders’ arrangements (whether as majority, equal or minority shareholder)
Kerri has gained valuable perspective and experience working within commercial organisations as in-house counsel, including for Vector, Vodafone New Zealand and for BP Middle East.
- Kerri Dewe Appointment as a Lowndes Director
- VALUABLE ADVICE from Workshop 2 | Current Capital and Growth Opportunities, and How to Work Towards Realising Capital
- Kerri Dewe - World Class Ironman
- Lowndes Proud to Sponsor | BDO WELLINGTON TO AUCKLAND CYCLE CHALLENGE
- NBR speaks to Kerri Dewe, Principal about M&A
- Valuable Advice from Workshop 1 Disruption – Threats and Opportunities
- Ten Tips: doing business in New Zealand
- BDO Wellington to Auckland cycle challenge
- Driving Successful M&A: Acquisition Strategy, Extracting Value and New Deal Norms