Named an ‘Associate to watch’ by Chambers Global, Kerri has extensive corporate and commercial law experience gained in New Zealand and internationally.
Kerri’s practice is focused on transactional M&A matters, business structuring and joint venture advisory work. Her areas of expertise also include telecommunications and technology law, advising on procurement, outsourcing, licensing, compliance, internet related issues and energy projects.
Kerri regularly advises on commercial contracts, constitutional issues, regulatory compliance and consumer law. She also has experience in non-contentious employment matters.
Kerri works with clients across a range of industries, from start-ups to leading corporates, private companies, listed companies, private equity funds, financial institutions and professional services firms. A proactive, effective professional, Kerri is often commended by clients for her responsiveness and project contributions.
- Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) / Bachelor of Commerce (Economics)
- Registered with the New Zealand Law Society
- Member of NZVCA / New Zealand Private Equity & Venture Capital Association
- Member of Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association
- Member of TRI NZ
Since joining Lowndes in 2011 Kerri has had a leading role in a significant number large transactions which firm has advised on, from both the buy and sell side. She has also worked on corporate refinancing matters along with a range of day-to-day corporate advisory and commercial work.
Example transactions include:
- The cross-border acquisition by listed Israeli fruit ingredients firm Frutarom of New Zealand-based fruit ingredients group, Taura Natural Ingredients
- Transitioning various clients to the new securities law regime under the Financial Markets Conduct Act
- The subscription by Singapore-based private equity firm Tembusu Partners of US dollar secured convertible notes in CricHQ, a cricket digital platform
- Rothbury Group becoming the founding New Zealand member of Australian insurance broking network Steadfast, making it the largest such network in Australasia
- The sale of Fusion Electronics and its subsidiaries (located in four countries) to Garmin
- The sale of recruitment agency Madison by NZX-listed AWF Group
- The private equity investment, alongside executive management, in a significant health information technology company
- The refinancing of significant vendor finance provided by Huawei to 2degrees
- The sale of a biodiesel manufacturing business and the transfer of worldwide patent and other intellectual property assets
- The sale by a managed investment scheme of a portfolio of 17 supermarket properties throughout New Zealand.
Kerri has experience working within commercial organisations as in-house counsel, including for Vector, Vodafone New Zealand and for BP Middle East.
- Lowndes Proud to Sponsor | BDO WELLINGTON TO AUCKLAND CYCLE CHALLENGE
- NBR speaks to Kerri Dewe, Principal about M&A
- Valuable Advice from Workshop 1 Disruption – Threats and Opportunities
- Ten Tips: doing business in New Zealand
- BDO Wellington to Auckland cycle challenge
- Driving Successful M&A: Acquisition Strategy, Extracting Value and New Deal Norms