Michael joined Lowndes with 24 years’ experience as partner at Chapman Tripp. He now advises on a wide range of restructuring and insolvency matters.
His experience includes acting for receivers on two of New Zealand’s largest receiverships. He has also worked extensively in banking and finance, on both the bank and borrower sides.
Michael has provided advice to corporate trustees and public security issuers on many debt and managed funds issues. He has been recognised as a leading lawyer by independent legal directories Chambers Asia Pacific, Legal 500, IFLR1000, and the PLC Which Lawyer? directory.
- LLB (Hons)
- NZ Law Society
- Acted as principal legal advisor for the receivers of South Canterbury Finance Limited, the largest receivership in the history of New Zealand
- Acted as principal legal advisor for the receivers of Bridgecorp Finance Limited, one of the largest receiverships in the history of New Zealand
- Acted for a Japanese creditor in relation to two aircraft company receiverships in New Zealand in 2014
- Acted for the majority of New Zealand’s banks over 20 years on financing transactions, including syndicated facilities and acquisition financing
- Acted for a number of corporate trustee companies in relation to debt facilities, including bond and note issues, which most recently included Public Trust on the Precinct Properties Limited bond and USPP issues, as well as the Dorchester Pacific Ltd bond issue
- Acted for Trillian Trust throughout its DIA Audit